The other day, Google gave me another reason never to download another map or direction app, they integrated ordering an Uber or Lyft straight into the Google Maps interface and, you guessed it. We are here to show you how to order a ride share straight from Google Maps.
I know, little fluff this time. I’m so excited about this addition that there surely is no time for extras; we will be jumping right in. There are a couple of things you need, to begin with:
- You’ll want Google Maps installed and logged into your Google account.
- You’ll want either an Uber or Lyft account (or both).
How to Catching a Ride:
- Launch Google Maps
- Search your destination
- Tap the navigation button at the bottom right (blue car)
- Tap the ride-sharing choice (guy with a briefcase)
- Choose the vendor you want (or whoever is closer/cheaper)
- Select the vehicle you want.
- Tap the Request button
Your ride is now coming. Never had to keep the app. Take notice that you will need to make sure you are login into your vendor’s bank account. You can choose to purchase this service with any payment method you have to create with either owner or Google.
Have a great time and ride safe.
What do you think relating order a ride share straight from Google Maps Leave us a comment below with your thoughts.